Melbourne, Sebastian and Rockledge Regional Medical Centers to Resume Elective Procedures and Surgeries for Brevard and Indian River Counties
Melbourne/Sebastian/Rockledge – Melbourne, Sebastian and Rockledge Regional Medical Centers, Steward Family hospitals, today announced they will resume offering elective health care procedures previously delayed by the coronavirus pandemic. As part of its “Safe & Ready” program, the medical centers are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive high-quality, compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – without fear of infection.
Steward Health Care’s early and robust preparation for the pandemic on a national scale allows it to proceed with an expansion of services to meet the needs of its patients and communities. Steward has collaborated with its world-class physicians and developed protocols based on the latest clinical evidence to ensure the safety of patients and providers alike.
“From serious conditions to aches and pains, we know the health care needs of our patients and their families haven’t stopped,” said Daniel Knell, Regional Vice President for Steward Health Care. “That’s why our clinics and emergency rooms are open, and we are scheduling certain elective procedures. Coronavirus has presented us with new challenges, but Steward Health Care stands ready to meet all the health care needs of the Space Coast – in a safe, secure setting.”
Melbourne, Sebastian and Rockledge Regional Medical Centers are adhering to a rigorous six-point standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care will take place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments will be reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and staff masking policy will be required.
- Thorough multi-point screening procedures to ensure the safety of patients, visitors, and staff.
Patients can contact their physician’s office to inquire about re-scheduling a procedure or for more specific information pertaining to each hospital, please visit melbourneregional.org, sebastianrivermedical.org or rockledgeregional.org