If you are having spine surgery at Sebastian River Medical Center, please click here to access a guide to assist you throughout your journey.
To request additional information on the spine program at Sebastian River Medical Center, click here.
Learn more about the pre-registration, or speak with a pre-registration representative.
Latest Advances in Spine Surgery
Excelsius GPS® is designed to improve safety and accuracy within the operating room. It provides improved visualization of patient anatomy throughout the procedure to help optimize patient treatment.
This revolutionary robotic navigation platform is the world’s first technology to combine a rigid robotic arm and full navigation capabilities into one adaptable platform for accurate trajectory alignment in spine surgery.
The system is currently employed at Sebastian River Medical Center for the following procedures:
- Posterior spinal interbody fusion
- The surgeon adds bone graft at the back of the spine during surgery to fuse two or more vertebrae together. The incision is made at the rear or back of the spine.
- Posterior lumbar interbody fusion
- This procedure is performed to relieve pressure on the spinal nerves and/or spinal cord to stabilize the spine. This procedure is used to remove degenerating disc that is the source of back or leg pain and fuse spine vertebrae with bone grafts.
- Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion
- Contemporary approach to spinal fusion surgery. It is an operation performed on the lower back to remove intervertebral disc and joint two or more spinal bones (vertebrae) together using screws and a cage.
Conditions We Treat
- Back and neck pain
- Arthritis of the spine
- Failed back syndrome
- Nerve entrapment
- Nerve injury
- Vertebral compression fracture
- Disc herniation
- Fractured spine
- Spinal tumors
- Spinal stenosis
- Cervical and lumbar disc injuries
At Sebastian River Medical Center, you’re treated with an emphasis on qualitative, not quantitative, result. With the goal of returning all patients to their highest level of function possible after spine surgery, our staff of experienced licensed therapists offers individualized rehabilitation programs and the most progressive treatments available. Learn more
Medical Directors, Spine Program at Sebastian River Medical
Craig Popp, MD
Dr. Popp is a board-certified, fellowship-trained spine specialist. He has extensive specialized training and 19 years of comprehensive experience. He uses the most advanced techniques and specializes in minimally invasive spinal procedures, including kyphoplasty for spinal fractures, disc replacement, and motion-sparing techniques for spinal surgery.