Cancer is not generic. Each patient, each diagnosis, and each treatment is unique. We provide a range of treatment options that are tailored to meet each patient’s individual needs. Doctors plan treatment by consulting with surgeons, chemotherapy, and radiation specialists to develop the most effective approach.
Our oncologists diagnose and plan a comprehensive treatment strategy through:
- Advanced Imaging Technology
- Breast Cancer Detection
- Low-dose CT screening for lung cancer
Treatment options include:
- Chemotherapy: Uses chemicals to destroy or slow the growth of cancer cells. Surgeons often use chemotherapy in conjunction with surgery to destroy surrounding tissue after a tumor is removed.
- Hormone therapy: Can kill cancer cells, or slow or stop their growth. Doctors can prescribe medications that affect the activity or production of hormones, or may surgically remove a gland that produces hormones.
- Surgery: We carefully evaluate each patient’s needs to determine whether surgery offers the best chance for success. When surgery presents the best option, doctors utilize minimally invasive techniques whenever possible, which may allow greater precision and may offer patients less scarring and a faster recovery.
By incorporating these healthy habits into your lifestyle, you can reduce your risk:
- Avoid all tobacco products and secondhand smoke.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Exercise 30 minutes or more daily.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, and avoid high-fat foods.
- Wear sunscreen or protective clothing outdoors to protect yourself from the sun.
- Abstain from drinking alcohol or practice moderation if you drink.
- Take early detection seriously and talk to your doctor about screenings that are appropriate for you.
Women's Cancer Care
If you or someone you love has been diagnosed with cancer, we can provide you with comprehensive care from a multidisciplinary team of caring professionals, offering a full range of support services to address body and mind. Whether it's breast cancer, cervical cancer, or another cancer that affects women, we offer a range of cancer treatment options including:
- Breast lump removal
- Mastectomy and breast reconstruction
- Radiation therapy, including brachytherapy for breast cancer
- Minimally invasive and robotic surgery
Low-Dose CT Screen for Lung Cancer
A low-dose CT screening for lung cancer can detect lung cancer in its earliest and most treatable stages. Many insurance plans are now covering the cost of the screening for those who meet the criteria.
Who should be screened for lung cancer?
- Those age 55 to 77 with at least a 30 pack-year* history of smoking and currently smoking or quit less than 15 years ago
- Those age 50 or older with at least a 20-pack-year of smoking and a history of one additional risk factor such as family history of lung cancer, exposure to a known carcinogen, COPD, emphysema or other cancer
- *Pack-year = the number of packs smoked per day multiplied by the number of years smoking.
For more information, please call 772-388-4166.
Men's Cancer Care
Men’s Cancer Care
Various types of cancer are of particular concern to men, such as prostate, lung, skin and colorectal cancers. Our cancer care professionals provide cancer treatment options, including:
- Hormone therapy
- Radiation therapy, including radiosurgery and brachytherapy for prostate cancer
- Surgery, including minimally invasive and robotic surgery options
13695 US Highway 1
Sebastian, FL 32958